Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday

Today is Black Friday, arguably the most fun day of the year!  I, of course, do not participate in all the madness but  I must admit I love all the ads in the paper and contemplate braving the crowds for The Big Score. 

I do not waste my time chasing after the small stuff, oh no. So today we will travel to the Wood You store in Ocala (20.2 miles, 33 minutes) to take them up on their Black Friday offer of 20% off Everything!  Nothing held back!  Since we were planning to buy three 36" wide by 96" tall solid wood bookcases (professionally finished by them of course), 20% off makes waiting until Black Friday well worth the effort.

Yesterday I ventured to WalMart on Thanksgiving Day, not seekling bargains but rather new house essentials like (more) shelf liner, a 7 foot ladder, a kitchen mat, batteries, and other boring things definitely not on any serious Black Friday shopper's list.  At 3 pm I was pleased to find the store practically empty, no line at the Customer Service window and plenty of parking. The store employees assured me it would be a madhouse in a few hours!

Let the madness begin!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment