Friday, November 8, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I was so looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. I planned to cook a small turkey and some simple side dishes in this little rental villa.  I envisioned continuing my personal tradition of naming each year's turkey and this year I anticipated stuffing "Harriet" (co-incidentally the name of the would-be-buyers-of-our-Hollywood-home's realtor). But with the closing on our new home the day before Thanksgiving, I see myself working instead of cooking.  Driving the golf cart the ten miles from the rental to the new house. Shlepping stuff out of the villa. Scoping out immediate needs like shelf liner and cleaning supplies. 

Last night I learned that K-Mart and Wal-Mart will be open all Thanksgiving Day, much to the chagrin and ire of Thanksgiving purists. I of course am pleased that there will be somewhere I can get anything I might require tout de suite. 

But Thanksgiving will not be the same without turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing and pumpkin pie.  And I surely will not feel up to dressing up for a fancy offering at one of the gorgeous Villages Country Clubs. 

The last time we were in Golden Corral I saw they were offering a Thanksgiving feast which will be both plentiful and casual.  Hubby said there would be something sad about having Thanksgiving at GC (he is not a big fan) but with a beautiful new home in the Villages finally ours, I think I can be Thankful anywhere!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment