Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Today I Am A Villager

Today I leave my old life in South Florida far behind and become a Villager. OK, so I've had six weeks to transition by renting this adorable villa and learning my way around, taking steps to find a doctor and a nail salon and a good hair stylist and even sampling some of the activities, but it is not the same.  Buying a house means making a commitment to the neighborhood; it's a mental thing I know.

Being a Villager is not the same as moving to another town or County or even moving across state lines.  It's a state-of-mind, one that says you WILL enjoy your Golden Years, you WILL have fun and make friends and you WILL slow down and say "hi" to strangers.  You WILL help maintain the Villages' reputation as "Florida's Friendliest Hometown".

I WILL!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment