Monday, November 11, 2013

Georgia On My Mind

Del Webb Griffin Georgia
We leave tomorrow morning to drive the 358 miles to Atlanta where hubby is mentoring would-be PhD candidates for a week.  They  would have been happy to fly him in but I wanted to have our car and save on my airfare and besides by the time we drove to the Orlando airport and arrived two hours before the flight and flew there and rented a car and drove to the hotel, we might as well drive the whole way. As a Big Bonus, we'll spend a night, maybe more, with Jen and Eddie at their new retirement home about an hour outside of Atlanta.

Their new home sounds exactly like the retirement home Jen has been envisioning for the past 15 plus years, as long as I've known her. It's in a cooler climate with four seasons, near Eddie's family, surrounded by trees and rural countryside and in a community that appreciates home cooking (Jen is an Expert) and quilting (Jen is a Master). Quite a difference from the congestion, noise and hustle-bustle of South Florida!

Jen told me to make sure we "come hungry" and bring our winter coats, scarves and mittens. I wish I hadn't packed and stored the little imitation UGG boots I bought for Caren's wedding in Chicago in March!

I miss Jen and I am thrilled to be able to see her in her natural environment, the place she always knew she wanted to be...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment