Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Chris Christie

OK I admit it.  I'm a fan.  I love his no-nonsense approach to everything and I greatly admired his willingness to say out loud that President Obama did a terrific job during the Hurricane Sandy aftermath.  I believe he has strong principles - many of which I don't agree with - but his willingness to grudgingly admit there are differing views out there and compromise is the only way forward gives me hope for the future of our great country.

So I smiled when I read this quote from a speech he gave on the eve of his recent re-election to Governor of New Jersey:

Let me tell you, if you're looking for the candidate that you agree with 100% of the time, then I want you to do something for me tonight: Go home and look in the mirror, because that's the only person you agree with 100% of the time.

It's not just true of political candidates.  It's true of our friends, our co-workers, people whose paths we cross in everyday life and even - maybe especially - our spouses and loved ones. 

You Rock Governor!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment