Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's A New Day



I woke up today feeling good. Getting two "stressors" out of our lives yesterday probably had something to do with it.  I'm feeling in control again and that feels fantastic.

Gone are the days when I will worry if someone will like me or if I'm doing well at work or if I'm keeping up with the Joneses.  Ah, such is the freedom that comes with age and a bit of financial security. 

Other rays of happiness snuck in yesterday.  A cute virtual card from a friend who misses me!  A text from a girlfriend.  An email from Jen in Georgia who said "come hungry" next week when we visit.  Positive (but not yet great) news on selling the house in Hollywood.  A move-in-sooner-date for our new house (can't wait!) and an offer from the seller for nice long pre-closing visit.  A check in the mail (I was worried it would be lost in the mail forwarding shuffle).

Happy me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment