Sunday, November 24, 2013

Wish List

With three days to go until closing on our new house I am chomping at the bit to see my beautiful new home filled with new, special stuff.  So I'm rummaging through Tuesday Morning, Ross, Pier One and other retail establishments seeking the exact right paraphernalia. I've even been reduced to checking HSN and QVC for inspiration (none there). And of course there is on-line, the easiest possible way to find whatever it is you're seeking and a whole lot of goods you never knew you needed.

I fear making a mistake in my selection of decorative items so I am valiantly trying to curb my enthusiasm.  But I am only human and my resolve is oh-so-weak. Here are a few of the purchases I've made in advance of actually occupying my new abode. I hope I did good and will not regret my alacrity.

Gorgeous vintage French Country chandelier shades for the kitchen. Come on, they were on ebay  ($30 with shipping) and I couldn't take the chance someone would snatch them up first could I?

Similarly gorgeous deep red and gold chandelier shades for the dining room, bought at Tuesday Morning at a great price ($42. for six). I love all six of the matching chandeliers in the house but prefer them with mini shades, like I had in Hollywood.

This Welcome bench for the front porch. I found it a few weeks ago at Ace Hardware and went back yesterday to get one before they are sold out.  Good deal at $69.

Black wrought iron hanging pot rack from the hospice thrift shop.  A steal at $20. I got the necessary black hooks for "free" using my cash back credit on Amazon.

I also cleaned out 100% of the white shelf liner at Walmart and also every package of gold picture hangers but that was not as much fun...

;-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment