Monday, September 30, 2013

Ancient Oak

Our soon-to-be new house in The Villages has a very large, very old, live oak tree in the front yard.  I saw this as a good omen.

I have always loved live oaks, ever since I heard Don Williams sing "I can still hear the soft southern wind in the live oak trees". It is one reason I love our current house - when I heard the salesman say the lot we were considering was on "Live Oak Terrace" I was hooked. And after 12+ years the newly planted live oaks that line the streets of our community have grown tall and beautiful.

Hubby has always envisioned (humorously) living in a house with a name, something on the order of "Stately Gold Manor" or some other lofty affectation. I suggested "Ancient Oak" for the new house.

I hope to continue to hear that soft southern wind for a long, long time...

;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment