Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Great Advice

Cousin Jennifer posted a link to this great article from the Huffington Post.  It sure had a grabber headline - "How to get flat abs, have amazing sex and rule the world in 8 easy steps".  Hahaha, of course the author was kidding, just spoofing other similar titles in men's and women's magazines.  But she went on to make some really useful suggestions and I am going to try to remember to do them all, every single day.

1. Stop believing your bullshit.
Like "I'm too old" or "I'm scared" or "I have no energy".  Deep down I know any negative thoughts that may cross my mind are B.S.  I can do anything I want!  I truly believe that.

2. Be happy now.
I'm already on top of this one.

3. Look at the stars.
The author says "it helps you remember that you and your problems are both infinitesimally small and conversely, that you are a piece of an amazing and vast universe".  I truly do this frequently - I love looking at the Moon Over Miami.

4. Let people in.
I have vowed to work on my people skills and make new friendships this year.

5. Stop with the crazy making.
A corollary to Number 1.  I vow to not invent problems in my head.

6. Learn to apologize.
I'm already on top of this one.

7. Practice gratitude.
I'm already on top of this one.

8. Be kind.
A corollary to Number 4.  I promise I will.

Yes, I agree, these are a hell of a lot more important than flat abs!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment