Wednesday, September 11, 2013

When I'm 64

It seemed like that event was eons away when I first heard the Beatles sing "When I'm 64" yet here it is.  The year was 1967 and I was only 18.  Yesterday I turned the much bally-hoo'd (and dreaded) 64.

I got at least 50 greetings from well wishers on Facebook and emails and cards and reaffirmation that there is a lot of love in my life.  I looked in the mirror and on the scale and said to myself "not bad for an old lady" (although I'm aware delusion comes with advancing age).  I balanced the household accounts and see we are still blessed with solvency (despite our recent commitments to changing our lifestyle). My old staffers took me out to lunch and the one who couldn't make it called.

My "If Today Is Your Birthday" horoscope: This year you are surprisingly lucky. You have the self discipline and instinct to move quickly when opportunity strikes. Woo Hoo!

Paul et al sang about some of the past-times of being 64 although admittedly they don't sound like too much fun.  Knitting a sweater?  Digging the weeds?  Changing a fuse?  I'm sure Paul (long past 64 now) has discovered being in one's sixties is infinitely more pleasurable than that!

;-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment