Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Old Friends

I'm saying goodbye to some old friends in the next couple of weeks, part of the moving-on process of moving to The Villages.  It's amazing that I met all of them during the short three years I worked at Broward County, before my old boss recruited me to work for him in Hollywood.

Today I'm meeting Anne for lunch and tomorrow is lunch with Marj and Julie.  There's Donna and Leonid and John too, longtime friends from almost 17 years ago. And I'm super excited about Stu's upcoming colloquial in Atlanta in November when we'll spend a night or two with Jennifer and Eddie at their Del Webb home.  Then when Stu's working, Jen and I will spend quality girl time - her Del Webb home will only be an hour from his hotel. And old County co-workers June and Kay - now Villages residents - have been great about encouraging us and answering our questions.

Friday night is my Dad's yartzeit and the Temple called and asked me to light the candles.  A perfect goodbye to the special place that came to mean so much to me the last three years.

Sometimes I get so excited about whatever is happening to me now I forget - temporarily of course - my old friends.  Not this week!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment