Saturday, September 21, 2013

Southern Living

I have a fantasy for my new life in The Villages.  I call it "Southern Living". 

My new house seems to resonate with the gracious Southern vibes I associate with New Orleans, Nashville and Savannah (although I've never been to the latter).  It is perfect for my modest collection of antiques and other things I love. I see myself cooking with Paula Deen or Paul Prudhomme at my side (or maybe even my friend John's two sisters), turning out delicious fried chicken, corn bread and greens.  I see my new lifestyle - a slower pace but filled with more friends and genteel pursuits.

So gone are all the tchatchkes I bought that scream South Florida/Miami/Fort Lauderdale. I have drastically curtailed my flamingo collection and most things beach, fish or ocean themed.  Central Florida is a different world.

When I get settled in I'll start up a subscription to Southern Living magazine...

Y'all come visit, ya hear?

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment