Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Red and White

I decorated my first kitchen as a married woman in red-and-white  This was quite a fashion statement because at the time everyone had either a yellow, orange or green kitchen or some combination of those citrus colors. 

My kitchen was different. I had cute red-and-white checked curtains with big white ruffles and even red-and-white checked paper towels and a red-and-white plastic canister set.  My BFF Sheryl helped me out by contributing a red apple cookie jar.  Small accessories were hard to find but the old red bottle opener is still with me. 

Guess what, red in the kitchen is trendy these days! And surprise surprise, my soon-to-be kitchen in The Villages has pretty red and gold window treatments in the eating area and its creamy vanilla cabinets and counters will go great with red. So I ordered a new red Keurig coffee maker (super deluxe) and I can't wait to see it in my new kitchen.

That, and of course, Sheryl's red apple cookie jar!  Still love it after all these years...

;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment