Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Some Like It Hot

The weather has finally turned warmer here in The Villages and is now at a point where I am finally in my element. The long-sleeved denim shirts and blue jeans are abandoned in favor of my favorites: shorts, tank tops and flip-flops (of which I have oodles).

I love it when it's hot and I truly did not expect it to be so much cooler only 250 miles north of Hollywood. I actually experienced a "change of seasons" for the first time in years.

They say Central Florida will be hot and humid in the summer, more so to me because there will not be the cooling ocean breezes that I'm used to. There is also the dreaded upcoming "love bug" season which no one talks about but I bet will be quite challenging. Let's face it, there is something unpleasant that can be said about any location...

In the meantime, I'll enjoy wiggling my toes and feeling the sun on my shoulders!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment