Monday, April 14, 2014

Numbers

I never liked Math in school but I must admit, I do like numbers. Numbers seem to make order of chaos and reduce all the noise in the world into neat, manageable packets. So I was happy to see this set of figures released on the Internet today.

I like the idea of having a snapshot view of everything most people would agree on as important. How easy they make it to see if things are getting better or worse - at least if you don't peek too closely under the covers! I think I would have added deaths from cancer and military engagements, the consumer confidence index and overall life expectancy to this list.

I of course track numbers closely in my own small world.  Checkbook balance. Net worth. Weight. Vital health statistics. Days until the next big event.

But like the chart says, no single number can tell the whole story. I can however put my happiness level on a scale of one to ten. A ten for sure!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment