Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Me Plus Five

I glanced over hubby's shoulder and saw that his students had a fun assignment this week: Develop a one-to-two-page vision statement that provides a picture or a snapshot of what your life will look like in five years.  How strange I thought; I had written a post on March 30th called Me Minus Five  but had totally spaced on projecting my future. I'm at the age now when looking backwards just seems to hold more content than the future. Since it is unlikely I will live to 128, that is just realistic. But a glance at hubby's computer reminded me that I too can still have a vision statement.

I couldn't have imagined many of the events of the last five years so looking forward is challenging, even though I am probably at the most "settled" time of my life. Life is a roller coaster but not just one that goes up and down. Life goes around scary curves and into dark tunnels and sometimes you think you are going to fall off. Most of the time you're laughing - that is when you're not screaming hahaha.

Me plus five? I pray we are still both happy and healthy. I hope lots of people here in The Villages know me and like me. I hope we are still financially on track and people I care about are still with me. I hope the old live oak still shades the house and no sinkhole pops up. I hope every day is fun and interesting and I drive the golf cart as much as I drive the car.  I hope my jeans still fit and the new wrinkles are all from laughing.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment