Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Six Months

I almost let yesterday slip by without commemorating the fact that it marked six months since we piled into the cars and left South Florida for our retirement mecca in The Villages. I guess I was too busy having lunch with the neighborhood ladies while hubby was prepping for the evening Men's Discussion Group, hahaha.

With the house finally finished (still awaiting gutter guard installation) and in possession of a golf cart, new library cards, drivers licenses, bills for local utilities, and memberships in the Royal Oak neighborhood club, the Lunch Bunch and Red Hats, Temple Shalom, the Sisterhood, Hadassah and the Borscht Belt club, I can say we are at last truly Villagers. My social calendar is so much fuller than it ever was in Hollywood, just what I was hoping for.

I do miss a few friends and my snowbird cousins. I will take a breath today and call them all. I'll see Jen next month when hubby has a conference in Atlanta and of course Scott and family will be here in June when we get back from Toronto and a family simcha. The next six months look equally exciting!

I am so happy I could burst! But as my BFF would have said: poo-poo-poo, don't tempt fate.

Heart The Villages!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment