Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Odd Thomas

*spoiler alert*

Netflix has promised that Odd Thomas (the movie) will arrive later this afternoon. 

The first Odd Thomas (the book) was a can't-put-it-down-up-all-night read but was followed by a succession of sequels that I couldn't even finish. When Odd lost the-love-of-his-life he seemed (at least to me) to lose his way and end up in a quagmire of unfulfilling days with uninteresting people and plots with little direction.

I guess that's how it is in real life too. We'd like to think we are strong and independent and could survive perfectly well on our own. But I suspect it is the very special people around us - our personal cast of supporting characters - that give us purpose, direction and raison d'etre.

I hope the movie is as good as the (first) book...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment