Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Story of All of Us

I will not say I watched all of the new Mankind - The Story of All of Us series on the History Channel but I did catch two small snippets.  The first was about Genghis Khan, the most ruthless butcher in all history who even succeeded in making Hitler seem almost human.  The second piece was about the bubonic plague, complete with extremely graphic representations of the suffering and disfigurement of its victims.  After several minutes of each I had had enough.

Perhaps the history of mankind is not as bad as the small pieces I saw on TV.  I know there were good things - discoveries in medicine, advancements in human rights, great works of art and music - but oh! the butchery! the wars! the hardship and misery of just trying to exist! 

When I changed the channel to escape Mankind - The Story of All of Us, even the nightly news looked good...

No comments:

Post a Comment