Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Surviving Christmas

Christmas is five days away and for the next few weeks life slips into a surreal alternate reality. My favorite TV shows have had their season finales or are on hiatus until mid-January. Chanukah is over, friends are out of town and it is too scary to venture out to the malls or big box stores. Christmas cheer is everywhere and I am rapidly approaching Holiday Overload.

A JAP like myself needs a plan for surviving the bleak days ahead!  Thanks to careful preparation I have managed to secure the latest Best Sellers by three of my favorite authors for a two week secluded book-fest.  This will be supplemented by a foray to the movie theater to see Jack Reacher or some other holiday blockbuster and also an overnight trip to Orlando to celebrate Scott's birthday at Disney World.  Chinese food on Christmas is traditional but I have a frozen turkey so I think I will go all out and cook a real meal. 

At least this year I will be skipping the annual office party with its pot luck lunch and gift exchange.  Reason enough to be glad I retired!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment