Monday, December 10, 2012

Rock On

Last night we went to see Dion at the Hard Rock.  I remember listening to Runaround Sue at GG's Snack Shop - the hangout for the high school kids - when I was only 13 and still in 8th grade. It's a little hard to believe that the guy who wrote The Wanderer and Runaround Sue also penned and performed Abraham, Martin and John a few short years later.  That song never, ever fails to move me to tears.

Dion was still wearing the jaunty black beret that I see on the 60s version of Abraham, Martin and John that is saved to my YouTube playlist.  And his voice has not dimmed with the years.  Nor his stamina to do a full stage performance at 73. 

I guess it's true. The old performers from the 50s, 60s and 70s never die, they just ROCK ON!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment