Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Woman Should Have


Maya Angelou, poet extraordinaire, wrote the definitive work on what a woman should have.  I may not have them all but I do have number two, something perfect to wear if, well if WHATEVER!

It is my black shirtwaist dress, purchased in New Orleans over 30 years ago for what was then (and still is to me) the exorbitant sum of $100.  It fits me beautifully and the wide belt makes my waist look tiny.  I have worn it to job interviews, bar mitzvahs, to take our 25th anniversary picture, funerals, major presentations, weddings and to work.  It is perfect for when I have no idea what anyone else will be wearing or what is appropriate.   

I took my old friend out today to see if she was still up for the Israel Bond dinner ("business dress") next month.  A trip to the dry cleaner is in order but otherwise I am good to go.

Still working on the rest of Maya's list...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment