Monday, December 17, 2012

Havana

I bought a new little carry-on for a short trip I was planning last spring.  It was an impulse purchase, only $30. at Ross, and sooo cute I couldn't resist it!  It is embossed with adorable travel graphics and it's called HAVANA, as if I was planning a trip to an exotic locale that embodied a touch of mystery and adventure.

The trip was unavoidably canceled and I never got to use HAVANA even though I expect I will use it someday, perhaps for a quick trip to Chicago or Toronto.  Today, many months after the trip was cancelled, I finally unpacked HAVANA and rediscovered the cute outfits I had selected while visualizing new experiences and fun. 

I was a little melancholy to think of the trip-not-taken.  In a way, HAVANA (aptly named by its designer, Jessica Simpson) will always represent a place where good times await on a distant shore, just slightly out of reach.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment