Friday, December 28, 2012

How Old Am I?

Neighbor Marilyn sent me a long joke/missive called "How old is Grandma?"  I have modified it for myself:

I was born before color television, TV remotes, polio shots, DVRs, contact lenses and "the pill". 

Growing up there were no credit cards and my school pen used ink cartridge refills (I loved peacock blue).  I shlepped my books in my arms, walked to school, and never owned a backpack. 

I never worried about terrorists, perverts or being kidnapped.  Just "The Bomb".

I wore hose with garter belts and we didn't have air conditioning or a clothes dryer. 

I have the remains of my smallpox vaccination on my arm and silver fillings in my teeth.

There was no space travel but every child I knew had both a mother and father at home. 

You got married first and then lived together and you definitely needed a husband to have a baby. 

I never heard of gay people, computers, cell phones or men wearing earrings.

Tattoos were for old sailors.

My phone number lacked an area code and the first part of it was UP for "Uptown". 

My suitors met my Mom and Dad and treated me when they took me out. 

How old am I?  Only 63...  

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment