Friday, December 14, 2012

Big Surprise

When I was contemplating whether to retire I asked a friend "what will I do all day??"  I seriously pictured a life of wandering from room to room looking for dust mites. My friend answered "whatever you want".  It was the "whatever" I was having a problem with.

No one is more surprised than I to discover that I am so busy I have actually had to cut back on certain activities and that I haven't gotten around to some of the things I planned on doing!

I watched Senator Joe Lieberman give his farewell to Congress speech today.  He is retiring after a long, productive career and many accomplishments.  The pundits on TV asked "what will he do now?"  Hahaha I thought.  For an intelligent, involved man with a wife he adores I have no doubt he will be busier and happier than he can imagine. 

Congratualtions Joe!  You have truly earned the "Gift of Rest"...

No comments:

Post a Comment