Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Racketeer

Waiting for me at the Broward County Public Library is The Racketeer, John Grisham's newest novel.  I am so looking forward to it as it's my favorite kind of thriller - the REVENGE novel! 

How delicious!  I must remember not to chastise myself for enjoying these tales so much.  I am certainly not the "turn the other cheek" or "forgive and forget" kind of gal but of course I draw the line at the more corporal types of punishment.

All of my favorite revenge novels have the same theme, unashamedly copied by their authors from the original revenge novel, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Tim Green's Exact Revenge is a special favorite; I must remember to re-read it after The Racketeer.

Did you do me wrong?  I'm going to get even the best way possible just like the heroes of these stories - by Living Fantastically Well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment