Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Solitaire

Everything I know about Life, or at least a whole lot of it, I learned from playing with myself.  Solitaire that is.

I play often, the iPhone version of course, and I've made the following observations:

Woman in cell playing solitaire
 by Nickolas Muray.
Your worst opponent can be yourself

Sometimes it pays to take the penalty and reverse your last play

The first time through the deck you don't know what cards you'll turn over but by your second and third time around you should have a better idea what to expect

If you replay the entire game you will do better (but in Life that's not usually an option)

Sometimes you can't win no matter what you do

When you win and think you've done well, it's best not to compare yourself to the person who finished in the fastest time and with the least plays
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment