Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Day In The Life

I asked myself what teenage Ev would have thought of my day if she could have peered into the future and seen it. 

I started off the day with excellent news from a friend and what teenage Evelyn would have called good news from the daily weigh-in.  I checked the finances and paid bills from a bank account that would have sent teenage Ev on an immediate shopping spree at Marshall Fields.  

Not having to go to a job would have amazed teenage Ev, who would have trouble envisioning she would ever lead a life of genuine leisure.  I put on a cute outfit (teen Ev would have approved), took my expensive Coach handbag (teen Ev would have drooled), got in my late model car (teen Ev would have hyper-ventilated), headed to Torah study (teen Ev would be surprised but maybe not shocked) and had a spirited discussion with the Rabbi (teen Ev would have expected this!)   I stopped at Tuesday Morning for a new cell case, Sylvia's Kosher for chicken, the dry cleaners for the post-cruise cleaning pick-up and the Homeowners Association office to pick up new keys to the common-areas.  How very civilized!  How sophisticated I am!  What a good life!

The best part?  The good news that arrived early.  Teen Ev and I both agree on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment