Sunday, October 28, 2012

Alone

A combination of circumstances kicked in and hubby and the couple we made plans to go to dinner and the movies with last night could not go. I had a choice of what I could do with myself - read The Racketeer, watch TV or go to shul. I picked a choice I almost never do - I opted to get in my car at night and drive to a funky (but reasonably safe) area of Fort Lauderdale and see the movie I had been eagerly looking forward to on my own. All by myself!

I would have greatly preferred to have company to drive me and make interesting observations about the movie and not to have had to sit alone in a dark theater for a little while. But to tell you the truth, I enjoyed the movie and the small feeling of independence.

When I was working I'd go on out-of-town business trips by myself and all over the state to meetings and seminars. Not anymore.

I hope I never have to live alone. Poo Poo Poo. It does not seem like fun although there are many who thrive on it. But I always want to know that I can take care of myself and do the things I want to on my own.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment