Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Long and Winding Road

Another birthday is less than a month away, oh dear.  I use this milestone to reflect on my life and assess if it's heading in the right direction.  Sort of like that "right direction, wrong direction" question pollsters ask the voting populace. 

Well, I'm officially "old".  And retired.  But I don't feel old.  I know I look older but I still like what I see in the mirror.  I don't know everything, but I'm certainly wiser than I've ever been.  I think I'm strong but I know that losing loved ones would flatten me. I look around and I am happy with my home, my closet, my bank account, the places I've been to, the things I've done, my stuff, and the people in my life.

But the world still holds so many interesting things and I want to be around for many more birthdays to see what's next!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment