Monday, August 20, 2012

Political Junkie

OK I admit it, I think the cable news channels and all their screwball pundits are more interesting than those horrid reality and game shows.  It is especially fun to watch two or more talking heads with opposing views go at each other like it's the heavyweight boxing championship.

So when speculation abounded about Romney's "short list" for Veep, I of course had an opinion.  I said he should pick Paul Ryan.  Not that he would pick Paul Ryan but that he should.  My reasoning?  Mitt Romney is dull as dishwater, has a (well deserved) reputation as a flip-flopper and although being tall, handsome and Presidential looking, he has the personal magnetism of vanilla pudding.  Paul Ryan, whatever one thinks of his convictions (I am personally waaay to the left of his social policies) at least HAS convictions.  Also energy, personality and a reputation as a straight shooter who is not afraid to tell-it-like-it-is.  Exactly what Romney lacks.  Romney's choice also elevated his standing as a risk taker and not just someone who does the politically advantaged thing.

I think if I hadn't had a great career in IT I would have liked to have been a back-office political strategist, run campaigns, crunch numbers, that kind of thing.  But now I'm content to watch the drama from my comfy reclining sofa.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment