Monday, August 27, 2012

Miss You

I've been retired exactly 6 months and I can honestly say I am happy not to have to set the alarm clock or cram tons of errands and chores into a day that is already filled with ten hours of work.  I liked that when we got a hurricane warning I didn't face hours at the Emergency Operations Center.  I love being able to do whatever I want anytime I want and to include volunteering at the shul and shopping at the thrift store and laying by the pool in my day.  And I like wearing my tank tops and blue jeans and flip flops every day.

But I miss my staff.  I worry about Donald and his health problems and I wonder how his grandson is doing since Donald's daughter, his mom, died.  I want to hear about Alessandro's new house and his four kids and his wife (who I adore).  I miss Leonid's wacky sense of humor and his advice on the latest techie gadgets (we owe the slingbox to his advice - he uses one to get Russian TV for his grandparents and parents here in Florida).  I miss Angie, even though we meet for lunch frequently.  I miss Denis whose little boy Mateo has been in a nursing facility since he was born a year ago. I miss Sheila and Maria and Willie and Cathy and Bill and Ricardo and all the other propeller-heads in IT.

They invited me to their pot-luck lunch on Thursday!  Yay!  I can't wait!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment