Friday, August 17, 2012

My Prayer, Part 2

Remember I said that my Dad would say my night-time prayers from my little childhood prayer book until I was no longer a child?  On my 12th birthday (when other girls were having expensive Bat Mitzvahs) my Dad gifted me with a more adult prayer book to serve as a guide through my life.  I also have this Bible, dated 1919, a family heirloom. 

Who covers these precious gifts with sticky contact paper in a flocked olive green (disgusting) and a tiger print (totally inappropriate)??  You guessed it, little Evelyn. 

The Jewish calendar (thank you Dignity Memorial Chapels) hanging  in the mud room will be replaced next month so I used this opportunity to recycle the absolutely gorgeous artwork into new book covers for these two treasures.  I must admit I feel great about showing my books the respect they deserve and also by figuring out a way to still see the Year 5772 calendar's artwork!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment