Monday, August 13, 2012

Big Guys

I watched "Three Days To Open" with Bobby Flay on the Food Network yesterday.  They were trying to open a Chicago Sausage stand in Berwyn called "Big Guys". 

I adore Chicago hot dogs and have a special weakness for Maxwell Street Polish sausage and actually, sausage in general.  And this place promised to be as authentic Chicago and blue collar as I could have hoped for. 

But even as I salivated over the caramelized onions, kraut and Bobby Flay inspired toppings on those extra juicy high-calorie sausages, I marveled at the chutzpah it took to invest one's life savings and the investments of friends and family, take out a big bank loan and try to come up with a quality product at a reasonable price.  A lot has been said lately about the "job creators" and the "small businesses" and the "risk takers".  I say, Hats Off to them. 

The American Dream is alive and well in Berwyn, Illinois, USA.



No comments:

Post a Comment