Wednesday, November 30, 2011

O Christmas Tree

I almost called this blog entry "O PALEEEEZ!" 

The Governor of Rhode Island, Lincoln Chafee has renamed the Christmas Tree in the RI Statehouse a "Holiday Tree" in an effort to be Politically Correct I guess.

I am a Jew (in case that escaped anyone's notice) and I can state unequivocally that if it is some kind of towering evergreen or plastic facsimile and it is decorated with ornaments and tinsel or even popcorn strings and it has an angel or star at the top, it is most definitely a Christmas Tree.  I can also state without hesitation that calling it a Holiday Tree will not in any way make it part of my holiday tradition nor will it somehow make me feel "included".  I am sure other non-Christians feel the same way.

Do not take this to mean I do not like Christmas Trees.  I really do love seeing Other People's Trees (some are breathtaking) and honestly enjoy cruising the neighborhoods that go whole-hog with their displays. 

Please do not rename your Christmas Tree on my account. 

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment