Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Job Front

It's amazing to me that the only two resumes I sent out garnered me two interviews for Director of Information Technology positions for two top-tier employers in this job wasteland called South Florida and in the midst of "the greatest recession since the Great Depression".   Nice ego boost!

Am I truly interested?  It's hard to say.  It would be nice to finish my career in the top slot in IT.  It would be nice to feel I am worth more than my recently cut salary and benefits and the four plus years without a raise. It would be nice to give the finger salute to the Human Resources Director who put the kibosh on my promotion to Assistant Director two years ago, even though my boss and the City Manager had approved it.  And it would be nice not to have to see the City's website outsourced and revamped as I consider it a personal accomplishment (after all, it has consistently placed us in the Top Ten of Digital Cities).

Do I have the energy to undertake a new job after almost 12 years at Hollywood?  I think so.

After I interviewed with the Seminole Tribe I knew that particular position wasn't for me.  I'll try interviewing with Pembroke Pines today and see how it goes...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment