Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Snowbirds Part One

Cousins Frimette and Milton ("Mickey") called yesterday.  They are back in their condo in Hallandale Beach, escaping another Toronto winter.

Frimette is my first cousin, my father's sister Edith's daughter.  She is exactly 20 years older than me (82) and has been married exactly 20 years longer than me (62 years).  She is named for Frimet Faygel, my great grandmother, the lady though whom the cousins and I can track our lineage back to Rashi.

Frimette and Mickey are still good looking and very active.  They travel a bunch to exotic places I have zero interest in. Mickey tells jokes. Did I mention they are loaded?  They endowed a chair at the Ben Gurion University in Israel in nanotechnology (not cheap) but are careful to make sure they only go to the "early bird specials" when we eat out.

My mother told me that when she was pregnant with me she stared at Frimette (who was 20 at the time) in the hopes that I would come out looking like her.  Don't laugh, I do believe we look a bit alike.  Maybe it worked?? Who knew?

I'm truly looking forward to our dinner at Moe's Deli (the Early Bird of course!) on Wednesday night.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment