Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This Time Of The Year

Already the "Happy Holidays" ads are out in full force!  I am inundated by TV ads and mail catalogs that dare to disrupt and divert my attention from the peaceful tranquility of Thanksgiving.  Now they are plotting to have us rush the meal and dash off to WalMart at 10 pm!

A confession: I really dislike this time of the year.  Intensely. I have always, always felt like an alien visitor to my own planet in December and I just CANNOT get excited about substituting Chanukah for Christmas, as I suspect retailers would be thrilled to have us do.  Chanukah to me means lighting the candles and perhaps a few gold wrapped chocolate coins for the kiddies and a few spins of the dreidel.

Perhaps I can hide under the covers til January?

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment