Monday, November 21, 2011

Fathers

A young man I know only through Facebook wrote the following to his father and put it out for all the world to see:

I want to especially thank my father. I know he doesn't always understand what I go thru, but he never questions anything and always sticks by my side. I hope that one day I can be as good as a father as he was to me. I love you dad

His words moved me tremendously.  As much as I loved my own father, as much as I owe him for all that I am, as much as I respected him and knew he was one in a billion, and as grateful as I am that I was fortunate enough to be his daughter, I never told him what he meant to me. It is too late now. 

I am glad this young man did not hesitate to tell his father how much he means to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment