Thursday, January 29, 2015

News Fast

I hear fasting has health benefits. It is rumored to clarify our minds and rid our bodies of harmful toxins.

I am seriously considering a News Fast, abstinence from CNN, Fox News and Twitter feeds. I'd sure like to clear my mind of some of the recent world events, TV reports and distressing news. I feel they are perhaps accumulating in my brain to a dangerous level of toxicity.

Two Israeli soldiers killed in action. Holocaust survivors telling their stories once again. Hostages executed and lives bartered. Yazidi begging Israel for help fighting ISIS in the name of their shared history of genocide and oppression (Where the hell is the USA leadership? Why aren't we the ones the Yazidi reach out to?)

The Daily Sun newspaper on my driveway every morning is not much of a problem. It touches on the biggest stories but chooses to focus mainly on the wonderful life we have here in The Villages. I certainly don't mind the movie and event listings, news about the hundreds of clubs and entertainment options, and of course, the comics and my horoscope.

I am going to try a News Fast for a few days...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment