Monday, January 12, 2015

Desperation

After years of getting great haircuts my luck has finally run out and I am stuck here with a horrible cut. Instead of soft tendrils wisping over my ears there are uneven blunt cuts of hair blocking off half of each ear. My bangs are too short and slant unevenly across my forehead. Even Herculean efforts with the flat iron and gobs of mousse can't force this mess into any semblance of style. Horrible hair days await me for the next several weeks.

So I have been dreaming about good hair. Hair that comes ready made in a glorious full style with gentle highlights streaming through it and a fun, tousled (young) look. In other words, a wig.

After spending time on The Wig Company and Paula Young websites I picked my fantasy hairstyle. It's called the Kylie and even the Chocolate Cherry color is appealing (but mostly to my sweet tooth). Am I desperate enough to order it? Or can I make it through the next few weeks until I can travel to my old hairdresser's new salon 10 miles away (which I had decided was too far away) and beg her to fix me? 

I think I can make do with my own now cruddy looking mop, lots and lots of "product" and maybe a baseball cap...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment