Thursday, January 15, 2015

Disappointment

The topic on my mind today is disappointment.  A strange roller coaster of emotion starting with hope and proceeding downhill.

I'm disappointed in The World for not condemning anti-Semitism more strongly. I'm definitely disappointed in President Obama for all his administration's slights and insults to Israel and the latest one, violating the agreement not to arm Palestinians  and allowing armed Palestinians to guard the American Consulate in east Jerusalem. I'm disappointed that a group trip to Israel in the spring has been cancelled due to lack of interest. I'm disappointed in myself for letting friendships slip away and for not losing those (luckily few) stubborn pounds.

Most of all, I am worried that hubby will be disappointed tonight if he is not elected to the Board of our Temple. There are six candidates and three slots to fill and I know one person is a shoo-in. He says he won't care but I suspect that is not true. If he loses I will remind him that he has a book that will be published soon by a scholarly press and that there is always next year.

Over the years, of course, I've had my fair share of disappointments and the Good News is that they affect me less and less. Perhaps I have come to realize they are temporary set-backs and just part of the business of living Life.


;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment