Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Truth About Tilapia

Add caption
It seems like the only things that are still safe to eat are fruits and veggies. Of course organically grown are greatly preferred by those in-the-know but so far no one has told me that the regular store bought variety will kill me.

Now I used to think I could also enjoy tilapia but after this article I'm not so sure.  And there's another article that slams my other favorites: salmon (lox!), catfish and sea bass, actually any farm raised fish that may be fed (gasp!) GMO who-knows-what. 

Eggs, butter, cheese, milk, coffee, chocolate, wine, beef, poultry and carbohydrates (even whole grains) have all had their moments of infamy: maligned as threats to the human body. They have all be reborn as healthy alternatives to the latest bad-boy food group.

Truth be told, I am eating a lot more veggies these days in my ongoing effort to blast off the handful of pounds I've gained over the past wonderful year in The Villages.  This seems to be a rite of passage; every Villager has a story of gaining weight when they first move here, much like the fifteen pounds freshmen college students seem to put on when they're finally away from home. I have been moderately successful at knocking off two of the offending five pounds but it's still a challenge. Veggies are my ally in this struggle especially lettuce, sweet peppers and cucumbers. When they are topped with Walden Farms no-calorie dressings (Creamy Bacon is my new favorite) they are really quite delicious.

I hope they hold off telling me The Truth About Veggies for awhile!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment