Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Bound Together

Isn't that a great name for a ladies book club? And guess what, I got an invitation to join our neighborhood ladies book club!  I guess I really have "arrived" because I don't think this club is "advertised" and it seems like there is a restricted membership count and you get in by invitation only. The departure of two current members has opened up slots and I guess I made the grade. Yay!

The January book-of-the-month will be "The Invention of Wings" of which I am happily the owner of three electronic copies. I had to check if all my copies are complete versions (they weren't) and I saw there is also a "Cliff Notes" version out on Kindle that is a mere 100 pages (versus 435 pages in regular print or 850 in large print).  I'm already into the second chapter and I can honestly say I don't think I'll require any extra help to interpret it.

I see that coming up in the next few months will be "Defending Jacob", which I've already read (it's fantastic).  For my month I will recommend "What Alice Forgot" which (as I blogged recently) I recently finished.

When neighbor Bonnie called to invite me to join Bound Together she asked if I was an "avid reader". Am I? Maybe yes...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment