Thursday, December 11, 2014

Jamaica Me Crazy

Every morning I head for my Keurig Vue coffee maker, pop in a pod and wait to be revived.  I order a variety of different coffees online every few months but tend to lean toward the flavored varieties like French Vanilla, Caramel Drizzle or Vanilla Biscotti. As we speak I am sitting here with non-flavored Breakfast Blend which is too strong for me and must be diluted with extra hot water. It won't be back in a second box. When fall weather comes around I get a box of Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon Bun. With a little Splenda they are quite the treat.

So I was interested in this article: "23 K Cups, Ranked by a World Class Barista". His opinions ranked from "spat it out" to "great complexity and finish".

I myself am not so particular.  Hot and black are are my two basic criteria for a satisfying cup of Joe. One of my favorites, Wolfgang Puck's Jamaica Me Crazy, ranked Number 20 and was described as "Just like buttered rum. Or walking into a kitschy Christmas shop."  Actually that sounds pretty good to me, must remember to re-order that one next time my current stash gets low.

There's enough different brews out there to Jamaica Me Crazy...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment