Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Presidents

"Grand ol' Gang" by Andy Thomas
Spending a nice evening strolling the Spanish Springs Town Center had a high point - an impromptu visit to an art gallery where I spotted these two prints by Andy Thomas, artist extraordinaire.  Of course I wanted them but I really have no place for them - the logical spots like the library are filled already.  But I satisfied my yearning by buying a set of note cards with both the Republicans and the Democrats.

"True Blues" by Andy Thomas
I quickly sent off a belated birthday card to my friend John (staunch Democrat) and said it was from "all his favorite people". What fun I will have sending these cards out to my other die-hard Democrat and Republican friends!

My note cards feature the same Presidents - but with Obama included - playing pool but I prefer these two paintings of them playing cards. Somehow I think that is much more fitting. After all, each of them was dealt a hand and each had to gamble with big stakes - the well being of every U.S. citizen and the future of the free world. They had to decide when to hold, when to fold, when to bluff and when to go all in.

Yes indeed, I do so admire Andy Thomas and each of the subjects in his paintings - whether I voted for them or not!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment