Saturday, March 15, 2014

Stainless Steel

Have you noticed? I have not been blogging lately.  The reason is simple: I have been in a funk. What is the cause of my funk you ask? Stainless Steel.

For months hubby and I have disagreed about the merits of stainless steel kitchen appliances. In the last couple of weeks, with hubby finally recuperated almost 100%, the issue has escalated. I wanted to keep the current (old and outdated but looking like the day they were new) white appliances or at least buy new white appliances that keep the look of the Country French kitchen with brass accents that I love. Hubby feels that anything less than gleaming stainless appliances is putrid and makes appropriate gagging noises to illustrate his disgust. All friends that have offered an opinion agree with him.

One of us had to lose and it was me. After a few rough starts, a complete line of Kitchen Aid appliances will be arriving shortly. Also gone will be my shiny brass kitchen faucet ("French Gold") and cabinet knobs with brass accents, soon to be replaced by stainless and nickel substitutes. My creamy white and beige kitchen will be broken up by large swatches of steel, gray and black. I am royally bummed and praying it will not look as bad as I think it will.

The good news is that an instant hot water dispenser is included in our recent purchases. I guess I will make some tea and Carry On!

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment