Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sophie

This print by Fernando Botero hangs in my bathroom. The fact that the Master Bathroom had yellow and green stained glass light fixtures, a beautiful yellow and green stained glass window and a big empty wall told me that my print would fit in perfectly and that this was the right house for me (the whirlpool shell-shaped bath, walk-in shower and window for Sheryl's stained glass were also big clues).

I call the lady in the print Sophie. Sophie lives near my scale and provides a bit of daily motivation to keep my weight down. She also reminds me of the tiny bathroom in our very first apartment, also yellow and green with old fashioned floor tile (little white hexagon squares) and wallpaper that held the ceiling plaster up (until one day it didn't). A parade of cockroaches invaded the bathroom one night necessitating emergency evacuation of the apartment.

Sophie reminds me so much of myself that I am convinced that Sophie is really Me, a Me primping in an alternate time and reality...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment