Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Family Tree

I will always be grateful for finding Geni, the online family tree maker.  With the help of my family, we managed to trace our lineage back to Rashi and even further.  It was great fun, a family project, and set me on a "spiritual journey" of sorts. 

This is only a portion of the entire tree.  I'm the tiny white box in the lower right corner. 
I was very sad that I had no relatives on my mother's side going beyond her parents.  But I knew the name of one of her relatives, a Rabbi Stanley Halpern, and after googling him, I FOUND HIM!  Here's what he wrote:



Hi Evelyn --
We are indeed cousins, and I remember your visit -- which I guess is the joy of getting older -- I can remember things 45 years ago, but cannot remember where I parked my car.
If I remember correctly, your grandfather (Sam) and my grandmother (Doris Halpern) were (half?) brother/sister. I vaguely remember your mother, Lee, but, unfortunately, not your father. And I do remember that you lived in Chicago. Am I right that you were an only child?
Now that we are in the same area, it would wonderful if we could get together to fill in family ties. I am particularly interested in updating genealogy. I will also let my brother Marvin know that we have made contact. He now lives in San Francisco.
I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
B'Shalom
Stanley
 

The Quest continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment