Saturday, August 20, 2011

Compatibility Test

A friend sent me a fun FaceBook app to see which of my friends I'm most compatible with. Although I might question the percentages, the 21 friends it returned are high on my list of choices to hold my hand if I am being wheeled into surgery or to be stranded with on Gilligan's island.


My BFF died five years ago and while giving her eulogy I mentioned that we were dissimilar in many ways. She shopped at Fields while I frequented thrift shops. Her house was a mess (think health hazard) while mine was always neat and clean. She loved to camp out and scuba dive and I love soft sheets and bubble baths. She cleaned out her 401K to buy a big screen TV while I faithfully socked away the maximum every year. Yet we were true kindred spirits, compatible in every way that counts.


I think you know immediately or really soon when you have met a new friend. And if you're truly compatible, that friend will be here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment